AzzeroCO2 is capable of performing a carbon footprint analysis on specific products or on a company’s activity, thus determining their impact on the environment in terms of greenhouse gas emissions.
AzzeroCO2 performs both analyses in conformity with international regulations that establish the requirements for a carbon footprint analysis of an organization or a product: the UNI EN ISO 14064-1:2012 and the ISO/TS 14067:2013.
With the aim of guaranteeing quality work and supplying its clients with a certifiable instrument, AzzeroCO2 turned to RINA services S.p.A. to validate the procedures through which it performs the carbon footprint analysis in accordance with the requirements of the above-mentioned regulations.
The conceptual model that AzzeroCO2 uses as the foundation of the greenhouse gas emissions evaluations is developed through the specific SimaPro 8.0 software, one of the most common LCA software in the world. As a database for inventory processes it uses Ecoinvent v 3, ELCD, Agrifootprint, etc. These databases are the most complete on an international level, guaranteeing the data’s excellent quality while providing great reliability, accuracy and transparency.
The advantages derived from the application of the ISO14064 and ISO/TS 14067 standards are:
- Increasing the company’s visibility, promoting consistency, transparency and credibility in the quantification of GHG, in its control, reporting and verification;
- Allowing organizations to identify and control GHG emissions, as well as to manage the risks related to the development and systematic maintenance of GHG inventory;
- Sustaining the development and implementation of projects, initiatives and programs that aim to abate and reduce greenhouse gas emissions;
- Improving the environmental performance of the company’s products with the opportunity of reducing production costs and enhancing its visibility in front of the consumer;
- Being able to choose, on a rigorous and transparent basis, to complete the sustainability process, compensating the residual CO2 emissions associated with a certain product, service or entire production activity with obvious advantages in terms of communication and marketing.