The Recall campaign promotes the recovery of all biomass waste on the national territory through the collection, transference and transformation of byproducts that can be sold on the market as green products or transformed into renewable energy in cogeneration plants.
This initiative is all the more important in the current delicate political-economic context with its capacity to assist Italy as the country frees itself of fossil fuels, concretely demonstrating the added values and the potential to valorize biomass waste.
The principles determining the RECALL campaign’s strategic choices were defined in collaboration with Legambiente.
- Sharing the action strategy with national institutions and with Legamobiente’s regional/local principals
- Selecting national partners who, besides having solid experience in the waste management sector, have shown transparency, respect for the environment and synergy with the vocations and needs of the territory
- Continuously monitoring and choosing the best techniques available, characterized by the best environmental standards
- Implementing targeted information and communication processes, aimed at achieving consensus within the citizenry and organized society
The creation of the Recall platforms helps activate various collection networks on the national territory: used vegetable oil, biomass, OFMSW, waste coming from agriculture and zootechnics, as well as other used products such as diapers. All these products will be collected and valorized through preliminary transformation in accordance with the processes indicated in the outline. Regarding the energy network, AzzeroCO2 can offer technical/legal support and its experience in the valorization of the territory’s potential and in the correct management of critical environmental issues related to the recovery of waste and its valorization in appropriate plants. The Recall Platform wishes to harbor all the excellent and innovative technologies capable of both resolving problems related to the management of byproducts and/or waste and giving an impulse to local economic activities.
- Maximum use of cogenerated thermal energy
- Transformation of biomethane for propulsion
- Production of quality composts
- Recovery of highly impactful waste (CER 200125), if it is scattered in the environment
- Purification (filtration and centrifugation) of the waste so it can be used as fuel
- Transformation of the waste into biodiesel for traction and recovery of the byproduct (glycerin)
- Production of solid biofuels (for example pellets or briquettes)
- Creation of a short network for local supplies
- Installation of biomass boilers as substitutes for fossil fuel boilers