AzzeroCO2 assists local administrations in creating SEAPs and in implementing their various phases according to JRC guidelines.
In particular, AzzeroCO2 can perform the following activities:
- Top down and bottom up energy analysis of the consumption and the emissions in the municipal territory with the aim of defining a baseline emission inventory (BEI);
- Analysis of the municipality’s internal structure to highlight the critical points in the management of energy-environmental aspects;
- Realization of a training/information program for the municipality’s employees who are directly involved in the implementation of the SEAP in respect to the energy-environmental issue;
- Assisting the organization with participatory processes and consultation that involve the local population and the stakeholders in the planning of reduction methods;
- Assistance in drafting the SEAP that defines the short, medium and long-term objectives and proposals for modifying the territory’s governing and planning instruments;
- Identification of the main financial instruments at the authorities’ disposal for finding the resources necessary to realize individual projects.
Activation of participatory processes
A participatory process is an instrument that brings together citizens, stakeholders and public authorities, allowing them to set objectives, make decisions and devise projects in an interactive manner. To activate the process AzzeroCO2 organizes meetings and forums in which representatives of different social categories are invited to directly express their positions on the various issues at hand. The active participation of the community in the various phases of the decision-making process allows the authority to achieve its objective with more efficiency and quality.
AzzeroCO2 assists the administration with the planning, management and coordination of the participatory process in all its phases:
- Training employees from the municipal offices involved in the project;
- Mapping the stakeholders;
- Planning the project together with the administration;
- Organizing informative evenings and forums;
- Synthesizing results of the deliberative action and drafting the action plan;
- Monitoring the process;
- Propagating the results of the process.